Cooking doesn't get much easier than this tasty recipe submitted by Teresa Stough of Augusta, Georgia. An aluminum foil "boat" holds a chicken breast, rice, veggies and seasonings for baking. There's little cleanup and no leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup julienned green and sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place rice in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square); top with chicken and vegetables. Combine the water, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; pour over vegetables. Dot with butter. Fold foil around the chicken and vegetables and seal tightly.
- Place in a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Veggie Chicken Packet in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p49
Reviews for Veggie Chicken Packet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2015
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2008
"Delicious and easy!"