Veggie Chicken Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, place the chicken and Cajun seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, peppers and onion; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the soup, milk and seasonings. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1-3/4 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 525 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,337 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.