“My husband and I both work full-time, which doesn’t leave us much time to fix the fresh, home-cooked meals we love,” relates Julie Lumpkins from Baltic, Connecticut. “My mother gave me this recipe because it’s so fast and my husband gets excited every time we have it!”
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, place the chicken and Cajun seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, peppers and onion; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the soup, milk and seasonings. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Chicken Linguine in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veggie Chicken Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
"This is one of our family favorites."