“My husband and I both work full-time, which doesn’t leave us much time to fix the fresh, home-cooked meals we love,” relates Julie Lumpkins from Baltic, Connecticut. “My mother gave me this recipe because it’s so fast and my husband gets excited every time we have it!”
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, place the chicken and Cajun seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, peppers and onion; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the soup, milk and seasonings. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Chicken Linguine in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veggie Chicken Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
"This is one of our family favorites."