- and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Stir in the broth, chicken, beans, tomatoes, chilies,
- brown sugar, cumin, coriander, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and
- salt if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for
- 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, cornstarch and chili
- powder; stir into chili. Cook and stir until thickened. Yield: 20
- servings (5 quarts).
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with low-sodium broth and tomatoes and without added salt) equals 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 138 calories, 121 mg sodium, 17 gm cholesterol, 19 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 3 gm fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.