Veggie-Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, carrot, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain shells; stuff with cheese mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
3 each: 326 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Veggie-Cheese Stuffed Shells
"I made the recipe exactly as specified. Very good! Next time, though, I will saute my veggies first or shred them more finely. They were a little undone for me."