- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, carrot, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain shells; stuff with cheese mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie-Cheese Stuffed Shells in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p55
Reviews for Veggie-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2011
"I made the recipe exactly as specified. Very good! Next time, though, I will saute my veggies first or shred them more finely. They were a little undone for me."