Need a great-tasting meatless dish you can count on? These pleasing pasta shells are packed with veggies, three kinds of cheese and wonderful flavor. Thanks to Sharon Delaney-Chronis in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin for her recipe!
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2/3 cup Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, carrot, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain shells; stuff with cheese mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie-Cheese Stuffed Shells in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p55
Reviews for Veggie-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2011
"I made the recipe exactly as specified. Very good! Next time, though, I will saute my veggies first or shred them more finely. They were a little undone for me."