- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 8 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with a cooking spray, cook onion and celery over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in condensed soup until blended.
- Reduce heat; add vegetables and ham. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Soup
"This is the BEST!!! Making it tonight!!!!! : )"
"Super easy to make. Quick. Delicious. I added salt, pepper, lemon & her seasoning and "garlic plus" by clubhouse for spices. I used turkey instead of ham. 10/10 will make again."
"Fantastic! I altered it slightly though. I omitted the celery, used three red potatoes, used 2 T of flour instead of 1 of cornstarch (didn't have it), 5 c of veggies instead of 3, 12 oz of cheese instead of 8, and then since it was so thick I added some chicken broth. Loved it and super easy. All the other ingredients that it called for I kept the same."
"I made this for my MIL, she loved it. I has some too, and it was very good. I did add extra veggies, extra ham and veggies. I added extra garlic too."
"We didn't like this at all. The verges were mushy & it lacked flavor."
"Finally some good Veg Soup"
"Amazing!!! My family, including my kids both under the age of 3, gobbled it up."
"So, so good!"