Veggie Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and green pepper over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add tomato and mushrooms. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Divide the vegetable mixture over four slices of bread; top with cheese and remaining bread. Butter the top and bottom of each sandwich. In a skillet, toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 168 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Sandwiches
"Wonderful -- lends itself to changes nicely!"