Veggie Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
I try to keep the ingredient on hand for these toasted sandwiches. Add whatever vegetables best fit your taste, or use this recipe the next time you need to clean out the vegetable drawer of your refrigerator. -Beverly Little of Marietta, Georgia
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and green pepper over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add tomato and mushrooms. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Divide the vegetable mixture over four slices of bread; top with cheese and remaining bread. Butter the top and bottom of each sandwich. In a skillet, toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Cheese Sandwiches in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p21
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2009
Wonderful -- lends itself to changes nicely!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >