Veggie Cheese Omelet
These are the perfect single serving for breakfast. It is a great way to use zucchini from the garden.—Jan Collier, Lubbock, Texas
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder and pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, 1 tablespoon Parmesan
- cheese and seasonings. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking
- spray and place over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, layer the zucchini, red pepper, bacon and
- cheddar cheese on one side; fold omelet in half. Sprinkle top with
- remaining Parmesan cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand
- for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 229 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.