These are the perfect single serving for breakfast. It is a great way to use zucchini from the garden.—Jan Collier, Lubbock, Texas
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder and pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, layer the zucchini, red pepper, bacon and cheddar cheese on one side; fold omelet in half. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Veggie Cheese Omelet in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review