Veggie-Cheese Mini Pizzas Recipe
A zesty mustard-horseradish sauce makes this a tasty change of pace from traditional veggie pizza. Feel free to experiment with whatever vegetables are in season.—Allene Bary-Cooper, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 8 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 thin slices sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each), divided
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place asparagus on paper towels; pat dry and set aside.
- 2. Cut pizza dough into eight pieces. Roll each into a ball; flatten into a 4-in. circle and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Brush each crust with butter. In a small bowl, combine mustard and horseradish; spread over butter. Layer with mozzarella cheese, tomato and onion slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with one slice Swiss cheese.
- 4. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Top with avocado slices, two asparagus spears and remaining Swiss cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 pizza equals 509 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 906 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC