Veggie Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced and halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Arrange the broccoli in a greased 8-in. square baking dish:set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the biscuit mix, sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs, butter and salt; pour over broccoli. Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 158 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Casserole
"This tastes great and is easy to make! I also found the cooking time is closer to about 50 minutes and I cut my sliced tomatoes in 4 pieces because I like a bite of tomato in every bite, they make the dish for me, so I probably use at least double the tomatoes called for in the recipe, you can also use fresh, steamed broccoli instead of frozen if you wish. Defintely a keeper!"
"Very good, I found that the cooking time was much closer to 50 minutes."