Veggie Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced and halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Arrange the broccoli in a greased 8-in. square baking dish:set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the biscuit mix, sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs, butter and salt; pour over broccoli. Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat baking mix, reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free cottage cheese) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.