This vegetable combination makes a delightful side dish or weekend brunch specialty. "It's long been a favorite with my children," relates Jacque Capurro of Anchorage, Alaska. "I like it because it's so easy to put together and can easily be lightened up by using reduced-fat ingredients.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced and halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Arrange the broccoli in a greased 8-in. square baking dish:set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the biscuit mix, sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs, butter and salt; pour over broccoli. Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Cheese Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p65
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review