My mom was a great cook and I have fond memories of her teaching me to cook for my dad and two brothers. Her recipes weren't fancy, but they were always delicious!Dorothy Ambroson, Leland, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add soup, water, rice and ketchup; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Top some sourdough bread with Swiss cheese slices and broil until melted. Serve with Veggie Casserole.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.