Veggie Burgers Recipe
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 medium uncooked potato, peeled and grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Pepper to taste
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- Sliced red onion and lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto a hot griddle lightly coated with cooking spray. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve on toasted bread with onion and lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 burgers.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veggie Burgers(7)
Sort By :
how big is a small zucchini, potato, carrot? TIP:add the eggs one at a time so that you don't need to add a binder.
my finished product was way off the original only because a) i was expecting burgers not something like potato pancakes ,my own fault for not reading the recipe thoroughly and b) i had every intention of adding tvp to add protein. c)this recipe needs garlic, salt, lawrys etc.
this is probably the best potato pancake recipe i have ever found and because of the added veggies it isnt so carb dense
I have made these Veggie Burgers many, many times - delicious each and every time.
These turned out the consistency of pancakes for me. We threw them away.
I also tried adding whole wheat flour and they turned out excellent! Great summer meal, we would make again!
These burgers were terrible! Absolutely no flavor and difficult to fry. My dog wouldn't even eat it!
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Sandwich Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Quick Recipes >