Salsa gives a bit of zip to the brown rice and bean filling in the meatless tortilla wraps Lisa Sullivan shares from St. Marys, Ohio.
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the rice, beans, corn, green onions, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle with salsa. Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Brown Rice Wraps in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p65
Reviews for Veggie Brown Rice Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2012
"been preparing this for years and sometimes I put hamburg or sasuage in it."
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2010
"This is really good and easy. I usually add some grilled chicken breast strips (chopped) to the mix as hubby likes meat."