Veggie Brown Rice Wraps Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the rice, beans, corn, green onions, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Spoon 3/4 cup onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle with salsa. Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 377 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Brown Rice Wraps
"Used it as a side dish without the wrap and salsa....wonderful!"
"been preparing this for years and sometimes I put hamburg or sasuage in it."
"This is really good and easy. I usually add some grilled chicken breast strips (chopped) to the mix as hubby likes meat."