Veggie Brown Rice Wraps Recipe
Salsa gives a bit of zip to the brown rice and bean filling in the meatless tortilla wraps Lisa Sullivan shares from St. Marys, Ohio.
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the rice, beans, corn, green onions, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Spoon 3/4 cup onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle with salsa. Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One wrap equals 371 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 816 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Brown Rice Wraps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC