Veggie Beef Burgers Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and sliced onion, tomatoes and pickles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper if desired. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and pickles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Veggie Beef Burgers
"this was just amazing! my family loves it and we make it day in and day out! thank you so much"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.