I developed this recipe as a way to get more nutritious vegetables into our diet. Be sure to finely chop the vegetables (I use my food processor) so that they cook thoroughly. - Dolores Tolson, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Recommended: Top 10 Burger Recipes
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and sliced onion, tomatoes and pickles
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper if desired. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and pickles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Beef Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p95
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veggie Beef Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2011
"this was just amazing! my family loves it and we make it day in and day out! thank you so much"