I developed this recipe as a way to get more nutritious vegetables into our diet. Be sure to finely chop the vegetables (I use my food processor) so that they cook thoroughly. - Dolores Tolson, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and sliced onion, tomatoes and pickles
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper if desired. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and pickles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Beef Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p95
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veggie Beef Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2011
"this was just amazing! my family loves it and we make it day in and day out! thank you so much"