A colorful blend of hearty beans and crunchy vegetables is what brings folks back for seconds after they try this salad. It never fails to spark compliments and recipe requests.
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 5 medium radishes, sliced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and onion powder; mix well. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Originally published as Garden Bean Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p33
Reviews for Veggie Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review