Veggie Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery, onion, green pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic. chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 226 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 10g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Veggie Bean Casserole
"This was really good and so easy to make. My husband and I loved this."