Veggie Bean Casserole Recipe
I serve this as a meatless main dish, but it also makes a nice side dish. It freezes and reheats well, so I’ll sometimes double the recipe. It has a colorful combination of carrots, corn, beans and tomatoes.
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery, onion, green pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic. chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 226 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 10g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Bean Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC