Veggie Appetizer Squares Recipe
This tasty pizza will disappear in a hurry at your next gathering, so you may want to prepare two! "It's a great snack or light supper, especially for warm summer days," relates Mary Lynd of Minford, Ohio.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/4 cups pepper Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Press pizza dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, salad dressing, garlic powder, parsley and salt until blended.
- 3. Spread over crust. Top with the onions, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, celery and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC