- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the zucchini, onion, celery and carrot in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian White Bean Soup
"I made this soup as directed but I added 4oz can of chopped green chilies, and a 4oz can of chopped jalapenos, and added more cans of the beans. This soup came out really good. This recipe is a keeper. I also made some yeast rolls. I will make this recipe again."
"This recipe had mixed reviews at my house. I thought it was just okay, somewhat better with Parmesan sprinkled on top. However, my niece who is a vegan loved it and quickly had 2 large bowls (without the Parmesan of course)."
"Delicious and filling soup. I used solely northern white beans and it came out well. Served it to my family who also loved it. This will become a staple for us as it's rich with vitamins and minerals and extremely nutritious. Can't wait to make it again."
"My first recipe using white beans. Not my favorite."
"This soup is absolutely amazing! I like to try to eat healthy but still have my food taste well. It quickly made it onto our regular dinner menu. Occasionally, I like to throw in a couple of handfuls of diced potatoes. I also like to up the healthy factor by using Organic broth and veggies."