Vegetarian Vegetable Soup Recipe
Don't think you have time to make homemade soup on hurried, hectic days? You can with this simple recipe! Frozen mixed vegetables simmer in a seasoned canned broth for a mere 25 minutes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned salad croutons
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes, vegetables, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 125 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC