Don't think you have time to make homemade soup on hurried, hectic days? You can with this simple recipe! Frozen mixed vegetables simmer in a seasoned canned broth for a mere 25 minutes.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned salad croutons
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes, vegetables, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001, p
Reviews for Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review