Vegetarian Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned salad croutons
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes, vegetables, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Vegetable Soup(5)
Sort By :
I love this recipe. It is quick & easy & just delicious. I use 2 cups of frozen stir fry vegetables instead of just a regular mix. The water chestnuts add a lovely crunch to the soup. I passed the recipe on to a friend who replaced the sugar with the same amout of red pepper flakes.
Very simple and simple to make.
Super simple and fresh tasting soup.
A definite keeper. I cook for the local Moose Lodge -- made this today for lunch. Even customers who don't care for veggie soup said this was really good. It's part of my permanent collection and will be made many times in the coming years. I was short of marjoram so I added a bit of basil.
This was really good and very easy. My husband really liked it as well. In fact, I just added to the soup we had left for the next night's dinner!