Vegetarian Tortilla Stack Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 5 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in meat crumbles, cilantro and cumin; heat through.
- 2. Spread 1/4 cup salsa into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Layer with one tortilla, a fourth of the meat crumble mixture, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 cup cheese, 2 or 3 jalapeno slices and 1 tablespoon olives. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining tortilla, salsa, olives and jalapeno slices.
- 3. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 335 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetarian Tortilla Stack
"My family loved this!"
"This recipe is really easy and so delicious. Since I'm vegan I used veggie slices instead of cheese. Try it, you'll like it!"