- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 5 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in meat crumbles, cilantro and cumin; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Layer with one tortilla, a fourth of the meat crumble mixture, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 cup cheese, 2 or 3 jalapeno slices and 1 tablespoon olives. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining tortilla, salsa, olives and jalapeno slices.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Tortilla Stack in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p17
Reviews for Vegetarian Tortilla Stack
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2011
"My family loved this!"
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2010
"This recipe is really easy and so delicious. Since I'm vegan I used veggie slices instead of cheese. Try it, you'll like it!"