Vegetarian Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
You won't miss the meat in this savory delight. The layered main course is as tasty as it is impressive. Serve warm wedges alongside tortilla chips or a green salad.—Connie L McDowell, Greenwood, Delaware
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. Cut three 25-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a round 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste and cumin. Stir in hominy and beans. Place one tortilla on the bottom of slow cooker. Top with a third of the hominy mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with olives. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- 3. Using foil strips as handles, remove the lasagna to a platter. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 329 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,286 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetarian Tortilla Lasagna
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC