You won't miss the meat in this savory delight. The layered main course is as tasty as it is impressive. Serve warm wedges alongside tortilla chips or a green salad.—Connie L McDowell, Greenwood, Delaware
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Cut three 25-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a round 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste and cumin. Stir in hominy and beans. Place one tortilla on the bottom of slow cooker. Top with a third of the hominy mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with olives. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Using foil strips as handles, remove the lasagna to a platter. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Tortilla Lasagna in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p66
Reviews for Vegetarian Tortilla Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review