Vegetarian Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots and squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 2. Return to a boil. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Vegetarian Tortellini Soup
"My daughter made this with chicken broth. It was quick, easy, and tasted great. We will definitely make again."
"I left out the squash and substituted kale for spinach but otherwise followed the recipe as above. I did add some onion and garlic and the smell while cooking was delicious! I also topped it off with a little Parmesan cheese. Overall this was a good base recipe and I would definitely use it again."