Vegetarian Tortellini Soup
"This soup is fast, flavorful and good for you," reports Chris Snyder of Boulder, Colorado. Packaged cheese tortellini meets colorful summer squash, fresh spinach and shredded carrots in every eye-appealing bowl.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots and squash. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cover and cook for
- 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.