Vegetarian Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots and squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 2. Return to a boil. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.