Vegetarian Tacos Recipe
“I wasn’t all that sure about trying a vegetarian recipe, especially with a ‘meat-and-potatoes’ husband. However, this meal was so tasty that he absolutely raved over it! I’ve made it over and over, and even my young children enjoy it.” Mischelle Jewell — Clermont, Florida
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, onions, taco seasoning and oil. Arrange in a single layer on two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 475° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Spread beans over half of each taco shell. Fill with vegetable mixture; drizzle with taco sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
2 tacos equals 303 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,252 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC