Vegetarian Tacos Recipe
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- 1 cup taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, onions, taco seasoning and oil. Arrange in a single layer on two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 475° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread beans over half of each taco shell. Fill with vegetable mixture; drizzle with taco sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Tacos
Sort By :
"I can't believe my family (three 20-something sons and husband), all of whom are big eaters, liked this dish. It is pretty filling considering there's no meat. Veggies are best if cooked tender-crisp. Had to use flour tortilla for my husband who doesn't like the corn ones. But this has very good flavor and I will definitely make it again."
"Fabulous! Plum tomatoes are not mushy, and green peppers and onions are crispy tender if not overcooked. What a great idea to use taco seasoning in this recipe! Yippie! Another great one for my vegetarian daughter!"
"Please hold your negative comments or submit them nicely. We are trying new recipes, just because, you do not care for them, don't discourage other readers. And, do you have a special recipe to share?"
"This is gross, I don't want chunks of mushy tomato and onion in my taco. I want morningstar farms veggie crumble and with cheese, salsa, lettuce, FRESH tomato, avo and sour cream. Sure add seasoning to the meat! Just a heads up that I'm a picky vegetarian but this still sounds terrible. Love all the tips though."
"Before finding this recipe my tacos were very plain. These have that kick that i needed. Very tasty and easy to make."