- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 6 cups shredded romaine
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Place four 10-oz. custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Place the tortillas in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 1 minute. Place a tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Remove tortillas from cups to cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, beans, tomato, cheese, onions, olives and jalapenos if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad ; toss to coat. Serve in tortilla bowls. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetarian Taco Salad
Sort By :
"I tried this recipe about 6 months ago, and it has become a staple. My 5 year old loves the fact that he can eat the bowl too. And I love the fact that its good for him. For my hubby we just add some taco meat."