- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large sweet peppers
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place the first 12 ingredients in a large bowl; mix lightly to combine. Cut and discard tops from sweet peppers; remove seeds. Fill peppers with rice mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix spaghetti sauce and water; pour half of the mixture into an oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Add filled peppers. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until heated through and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"We really enjoyed this and will definitely make this often, the only changes I made was I subsituted with pepper jack cheese and added 2 Tbsps of Worcester shire sauce. One note only four large peppers fit in my 6 qt slow cooker so next time I'll bake this in the oven. Easy and delicious!"
"Made this yesterday. Found it edible, but didn't get seconds. Not going to be my go-to recipe."
"I made these last night for my daughter and I. We both loved them! The only change I will make next time is to add some extra spaghetti sauce directly to the mixture before filling the peppers. I think this would make them a tad more flavorful and moisten them up a bit. When you pour the spaghetti sauce directly on top of the pepper, it doesn't get down into the rice mixture at all. I also baked them at 400 for an hour because I didn't have time to make them in the crockpot. Think I will try the crockpot method next time. Overall, delicious!"
"Delicious as-is! Have made this dish several times. It is a go-to. Always have extra stuffing & I mix in some salsa and dip tortilla chips in it for lunch the next day."