Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large sweet peppers
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place the first 12 ingredients in a large bowl; mix lightly to combine. Cut and discard tops from sweet peppers; remove seeds. Fill peppers with rice mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix spaghetti sauce and water; pour half of the mixture into an oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Add filled peppers. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until heated through and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers(25)
Sort By :
Delicious as-is! Have made this dish several times. It is a go-to. Always have extra stuffing & I mix in some salsa and dip tortilla chips in it for lunch the next day.
Absolutely delicious! Was looking for a vegetarian entree, and this was perfect! I substituted a can of drained garlic/onion diced tomatoes for the fresh tomatoes, Mexican 4-cheese blend for the Monterrey Jack, and then baked for 30 minutes (foil covered with a bit of water in the pan) at 400 degrees, and then removed the foil, added more cheese to the top, and then baked for another 10 minutes. Will definitely be adding to our repertoire!
It was good, just not quite as good as the reviews made it sound
I made these and my husband loved them. I did not use a slow cooker - I baked them in the oven for 45 minutes at 350. Because we had only four peppers I took the rest of the stuffing and filled two small baking dishes. These were cooked along side the stuffed peppers. I ate them with tortilla chips. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >