Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Mixed with a blend of parsley, basil, oregano and bread crumbs, soy crumbles make a delightful addition to these savory stuffed mushrooms. Arline Aaron of Brooklyn, New York shares the recipe.
- 14 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and chop; set mushroom caps aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute stems and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the bread crumbs, meat crumbles and seasonings; cook until bread crumbs are lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- 2. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and mushrooms are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 14 appetizers.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC