- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes longer. Cool slightly. In small batches, puree soup in a blender; return to the pan. Heat for 5 minutes. Garnish with shredded carrots and green onions. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! .... I followed the recipe but I skipped the blender part .... so easy even I couldn't screw it up .... btw ..... 1 cup serving should be about 4 WW points ....."
"I just want to say OMG this soup is so GOOD. I didn't even add the pepper and salt. Thanks so much !"
"I made this soup exactly as written and both my husband and I loved it. He's a meat eater and typically adds ham, but said it wasn't needed with this soup."
"Absolutely the best split pea soup. Normally I add ham or bacon to get extra flavor, but with this recipe you don't need to. I love it!! Kids love it!! Two thumbs up!!"
"This is incredibly easy and tasty. I've been looking for a go-to split pea soup recipe. And I've finally found it! Thanks!"