- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVegetarian Spanish Rice
"Needed a quick rice side for Mexican night. This was one of the few where I had all the ingredients on hand and it did not disappoint."
"I am not confident at all in my rice-cooking skills but this recipe was easy and came out great. I used a can of tomatoes that had peppers in it and I also added a little cumin and tony chacheres. I also used jasmine rice because I didn't realize that we were out of regular rice. It was so good."
"Tasty and quick to make. Great side for mexican dishes."
"Too many tomatoes"
"This is what my husband asks for every time we have enchiladas or tacos or taco salad, etc. We tried it once and we don't see a need to try any others. Four thumbs up!"
"Fantastic and flavorful! I made it with chicken broth and petite diced tomatoes. Served it with burritos. Big hit at our house - everyone loves it. This will be made again and again!"
"easy and tasty. Goes great with burritos or fajitas."