- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Spanish Rice
"I am not confident at all in my rice-cooking skills but this recipe was easy and came out great. I used a can of tomatoes that had peppers in it and I also added a little cumin and tony chacheres. I also used jasmine rice because I didn't realize that we were out of regular rice. It was so good."
"So quick & easy."
"Tasty and quick to make. Great side for mexican dishes."
"Too many tomatoes"
"This is what my husband asks for every time we have enchiladas or tacos or taco salad, etc. We tried it once and we don't see a need to try any others. Four thumbs up!"