Vegetarian Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in meat crumbles and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir until blended. Stir in ketchup and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Sloppy Joes(6)
Sort By :
I highly recommend using tomato paste instead of sauce and add green peppers after you cook the onions. Makes a world of difference.
Wow! I love this! I don't really remember what meat-atarian sloppy joes taste like, but I'm SURE this is better. We also used home made tomato sauce. Mmmmm...
This was pretty good..and I'm not a fan of vegetarian meat substitute.
These are delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >