Vegetarian Quiche Recipe
When your garden is full of fresh veggies, this is the recipe to reach for. All you need is a salad and you have a terrific late-summer meal.—Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms in butter. Add the curry powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon; mix well. Spoon into crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the milk and cheese; mix well. Carefully pour over vegetables. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 230 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetarian Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC