Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the flours, xanthan gum, oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings. Mix until a ball forms (dough will be soft).
- 2. Sprinkle cornmeal over a 7-1/2-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Press dough onto prepared pan, building up edges slightly. Do not let rise. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 223 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Vegetarian Pizza
"For gluten-free I guess it is OK. But give me a real pizza crust recipe that serves 2."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.