Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
Perfect for two and gluten-free dieters, too, this from-scratch pizza created by our Test Kitchen has a tasty crust that holds up well when you add sauce, cheese and various veggies. Plus, it's easy to prepare.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the flours, xanthan gum, oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings. Mix until a ball forms (dough will be soft).
- 2. Sprinkle cornmeal over a 7-1/2-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Press dough onto prepared pan, building up edges slightly. Do not let rise. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 pizza equals 223 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC