- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, seasonings and cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Penne
Sort By :
"I love this recipe - easy and so good. I didn't change a thing. Thanks. I will be making it again."
"This is sooo good. My boys decided they wanted to go vegetarian for a month, and I could really lose some weight. While I was making this I thought it would be good with parmesan cheese, but I tasted it first. No need to add cheese."
"I did double the sauce ingredients (flour, seasonings and cream) because I had added close to twice the veggies the recipe called for. Came out perfect! We will be making this one a lot!"
"This dish is excellent. My family requests it every week. Wouldn't change a thing!"
"This is delicious. I doubled the thyme and everyone loved it."