Vegetarian Penne Recipe
"My husband and I love pasta and vegetables," relates Gail Cawsey of Geneseo, Illinois. "I created this dish several years ago. It serves as dinner for the two of us or as an impressive side dish when we're entertaining."
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, seasonings and cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetarian Penne
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC