Vegetarian Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beans in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add butter and garlic salt if desired; toss until butter is melted. Add beans and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and nonfat Parmesan cheese topping and without garlic salt) equals 311 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.
Reviews for Vegetarian Pasta
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.