Mary Feichtel of Binghamton, New York adds a can of beans to noodles to create this fast, flavorful lunch fare. "You can use any type of pasta you have on hand to make this filling dish," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beans in
- a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes
- or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add butter and garlic
- salt if desired; toss until butter is melted. Add beans and cheese;
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and nonfat Parmesan cheese topping and without garlic salt) equals 311 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.