Vegetarian Pasta Shells Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 15 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onions, carrot and squash in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the ricotta, mozzarella, egg whites, basil, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stuff pasta shells with cheese mixture; arrange in prepared dish. Top with the remaining spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Pasta Shells in Country Woman May/June 2006, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Vegetarian Pasta Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review