Mary Feichtel of Binghamton, New York adds a can of beans to noodles to create this fast, flavorful lunch fare. "You can use any type of pasta you have on hand to make this filling dish," she notes.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
- 2 cups uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beans in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add butter and garlic salt if desired; toss until butter is melted. Add beans and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Pasta in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetarian Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review