Mary Feichtel of Binghamton, New York adds a can of beans to noodles to create this fast, flavorful lunch fare. "You can use any type of pasta you have on hand to make this filling dish," she notes.
- 2 cups uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beans in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add butter and garlic salt if desired; toss until butter is melted. Add beans and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Pasta in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetarian Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review